Facebook event page
Mander Recreation Ctr
2140 N. 33rd St. Philadelphia, PA 19121, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19121
On September 30th the Philadelphia Chapter of the Women's March Diversity and Inclusion Group is hosting the Walk4Kindness. Women and men will join together in solidarity and unity to raise awareness for the groups three pillars of purpose:
1) Prevention of violence against women and girls
2) Economic empowerment and parity for women in the workplace
3) Access to healthcare for all women
Walk4kindness Vision and Mission
First we walk then we talk!
The vision and mission of the walk followed by an «open forum discussion» is to tap into underserved marginalized communities and unify around kindness. Specifically we want to bring together an intersectional and highly diverse group of constituents/partners/politicians to build camaraderie and facilitate healthy conversations to begin healing our much divided country. More specifically we will focus on the following:
1) Raising awareness around the issues of violence against women and girls and the impact of the current administration's intent to de-fund certain programs. Focus will be on prevention of violence, the importance of funding programs for at risk women/youth, and increasing awareness of violence amongst specific groups including women of color, women in the military/veterans, college students and people with disabilities.
2) Highlight the importance of education and mentoring marginalized women and youth including developing life skills and training/job skills for the workplace. This will help build independence and confidence.
3) Focus on the importance for all women to have access to healthcare and the impact of de-funding critical programs like Planned Parenthood and the ACA with no adequate replacement alternatives.
An overreaching goal is to help break down the communication barriers amongst women encouraging women to listen and treat one another with kindness and respect. Asking women to unapologetically support other women and help to build bridges during these very challenging times. We need to hold women accountable to being the best version of themselves that they can be.
Longer Term Goals/Actions:
Our goals will be to hold our partners and government officials accountable to affecting change and legislation around the policies and programs that impact women and girls specifically for:
1) Funding for Philadelphia based non-profits focused on women and girl initiatives
2) Development of broad based educational programs for women and girls in underserved communities. We would like to have a specific focus around STEM initiatives
3) Continued fight to maintain funding for Planned Parenthood and the ACA
The Walk4Kindess is currently endorsed by:
The National Organization for Women — Philadelphia
Elevate — Philadelphia
FIT Girl Army
Women's Diversity and Inclustion Foundation (WODIF)
Event details will be released soon.