Facebook event page
Amrita Yoga and Wellness
1204 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
Introduction to Sanskrit and the Bhagavad Gita: A Weekend with Manorama
Friday, September 15 & Saturday, September 16
Friday, 6 — 9pm
Saturday, 9am — 3pm
Intro to Sanskrit with Manorama
This Sanskrit Studies Method course is an introduction to the Sanskrit language and the culture of the modern yogi. We will look at select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet, two commonly chanted mantras in yoga classes around the globe. We’ll practice pronouncing select asana names. You’ll also be introduced to Luminous Soul Meditation and select principles for authentic yogic living.
You will learn:
* How to pronounce select alphabet sounds and words and in Sanskrit. Proper pronunciation gives you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease.
* Why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener. Immerse in the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge.
* To develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
* Proper pronunciation of select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet.
* Understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice and in the Sanskrit language.
Practice the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time. Become skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world. Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form called devanagari, as well as, in the transliteration script. You will leave this Sanskrit Studies Method Introduction to Sanskrit workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate good pronunciation and Luminous Soul Meditation into your life.
Introduction to the Warrior Within Through the Bhagavad Gita
Join Manorama for this unique Sanskrit Studies & Luminous Soul course designed to awaken the mind and heart of the individual in his/her quest for Sanskrit & Yogic knowledge. Learn to chant Gita verses with confidence, to practice Gita meditation and gain awareness of the principles of the inner warrior so you can incorporate them into your life. This course offers a new lens through which to view the vast and enlightening subject – the inner warrior through the Bhagavad Gita.
* Gain direct access to select Sanskrit verses – through the Bhagavad Gita.
* Learn the needed tools to evolve your life to a place of strength and balance.
* Develop proper pronunciation for select verses. Good pronunciation gives access to meaning of the verses.
* Practice Luminous Soul Gita Meditation to restore the mind to a peaceful natural state.
* Learn how to stand in your own inner warrior by applying the Luminous Soul principles realized through the Bhagavad Gita.
* Enjoy the joyful feeling of pronouncing resonant and healing verses from the Bhagavad Gita.
* Experience the harmonious circularity of sound.
Enjoy Manorama’s playful & dynamic style of sharing the Bhagavad Gita as an entry point into the way of the inner warrior. During this Sanskrit Studies & Luminous Soul workshop of personal and spiritual exploration combined with Bhagavad Gita study Manorama guides participants in understanding the notion of the Inner Warrior in the Bhagavad Gita.
Pricing: $200 Early Bird (ends 8/15); $247 Regular
* includes workshop & workbook