Facebook event page
The Philly Pack Training Center
1715 McKean Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19145
Join Tyler Muto for a 3-day hands on electronic collar workshop August 18-20, 2017 in Philadelphia, PA. This workshop will offer an in depth look at the electronic collar which will examine the science, theory, and practical application of this valuable tool. We will be going beyond the basic introduction and conditioning of the collar to show in detail the variety of ways this tool can be used, from basic to advanced obedience and behavior modification. This is a one of a kind workshop that is appropriate for both beginner and experienced e-collar users.
Tyler has a unique perspective of the electronic collar that is the result of his vast experience. Through the years he has trained under many different teachers, and learned and utilized virtually every approach to e-collar training there is. Throughout this time he has used these varying methods with his clients and seen first hand the successes and failures of each. From this process he has built a sound understanding of what makes the e-collar work, and how to use in such a way that maximizes learning, and minimizes potential stress. This will be a straight forward, no-nonsense approach to the electronic collar, that does not require a leap of faith to understand.
The course will cover:
• What features to look for in an e-collar
• Ideal pre-requisites to e-collar training
• Potential hazards of e-collar training
• Complete understanding of the behavioral science behind e collar use
• Different ways to introduce e-collar to a dog.
• The 2 phase conditioning process.
• Using clear body language to enhance understanding
• Applying the e-collar to basic obedience
• The differences between e-collar for obedience, and eliminating problem behaviors
• Application of the e-collar to advanced obedience (including exercises for competitive obedience)
• Proper techniques and strategies for phasing out the use of the collar
• How to diagnose and solve training problems
This workshop is going to go above and beyond the scope of the average e-collar workshop. Participants will leave with a clear and logical understanding of the electronic collar that is grounded in science and proven in the real world. Even if you already have experience with the remote electronic collar, this workshop will deepen your understanding of the tool and help you maximize the efficiency of your training.
It is advised (but not mandatory) that individuals with working spots, bring a dog with no prior e-collar experience. However, if you have a dog with some e collar experience but things are not as clean as you would like them to be, you will also gain a lot of benefit from this workshop. Bringing a client dog is a great way to get part of your trip financed and the client will get back an e-collar trained dog!