Please join us for a FREE Women's Right's Forum at Johnny Brenda's in Fishtown on June 25 from 1 — 3 pm. We'll be talking about steps you can take to make an impact, from writing postcards to your elected officials to thinking about running for office. We've shown our voices as women are important and must be heard. We marched in cities across the nation and world on January 21 to demand that. We marched to the polls during the recent primaries. We will continue marching for action that has an impact.
The event will be upstairs in Johnny Brenda's awesome concert venue. We will have a postcard station with addresses for your elected officials. Postcards (including postage) will be available for a donation of $1 each or feel free to bring your own. We will have a variety of speakers throughout the event, too. Food is available in the restaurant, and the bar will be open upstairs. To attend this FREE event, please register using the Eventbrite link above.
(more being added)
* Deja Lynn Alvarez, Trans Activist and Advocate
* Rep. Donna Bullock, State Representative, PA 195th District
* Nellie Fitzpatrick
* Lindy Li, political activist, Member, Board of Trustees, American Association for Cancer Research, Women's Co-Chair and Regional Chair at the Democratic National Committee, Ethnic Dems Executive Committee
* Dominique Miller, Emerge Pennsylvania
* Rep. Mike O'Brien, State Representative, PA 175th District
* Samantha Pearson, National Organization for Women — Philadelphia
* Rebecca Rhynhart, Democratic Candidate for Philadelphia City Controller
* Brian Sims, State Representative, PA 182nd District
A huge thank you to all of our speakers, to Johnny Brenda's for donating the space and the bar staff to our event, and especially to Laura Tepper for researching locations and making the connection with the venue!