Facebook event page
John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge At Tinicum
8601 Lindbergh Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19153
Come out to fish while helping the Refuge manage habitat! Snakeheads are an invasive fish that can grow up to 3 ft long and can breath out of water. We need your help getting them out of the water!
Don't know how to fish? Learn how at one of our 5 Snakehead Fishing Nights this summer. Fishing gear and bait will be provided! Events will be held at fishing areas on Dike Trail. A cooler will be available for Snakeheads caught on Snakehead Fishing Nights. No fishing license needed for Snakehead Fishing Nights. Free and kid-friendly!
Between July 1st to August 31st, compete in the Snakehead Fishing Tournament to win prizes for the longest and most Snakeheads caught on a line!
To enter the tournament:
1) Catch and identify Snakehead (must be caught on a line)
2) Measure Snakehead on rulers placed around designated fishing areas around the Refuge
3) Take a photo of Snakehead with the ruler
4) Post on FB @HeinzNWR and tag #Fishing4Habitat
5) Talk with Refuge staff about how to properly dispose of the fish