Join us on Sunday August 27th for our 40K Open War tournament. Registration begins at 11:00 AM and dice start rolling at 12:00 PM.
01 ) Seating is limited to 18 players however there will be a «will call» list: if we have enough players we can extend the number of seats to 24 players — as such we encourage players to pre-register at the store starting on Saturday August 12th. There is a 10.00 entry fee for this event and prize support includes store credit based on attendance.
02 ) Only battle forged armies will be permitted and cannot exceed 1750 points. Under strength units will not be allowed and the maximum number of detachments is three. As this is our first tournament for 8th Edition and in the interest of giving everyone a chance to participate, fully painted & based armies will not be required — however armies must be fully painted & based for other upcoming events.
03 ) Players are responsible for bringing everything they need: rulebook, index, dice, models, etc plus five copies of their list ( printed preferred ) — one copy for yourself, three copies for your opponents, and one copy for the tournament organizer.
04 ) There will be three rounds for this event with a scheduled two hour limit for each — however games will immediately end when the Primary Objective is obtained else after the fifth round. Players will be given a thirty minute warning and then a fifteen minute warning. Players should not begin any new game turn if it seems both players will not be able to finish their own turn. If players agree to continue and time is called then their game ends immediately.
05 ) All missions will be Open War featuring two Objectives ( Primary & Secondary ) per mission. Details for each are currently available at Top Deck Games. Because the deployment type will be determined ahead of time players will only need to roll off to choose which deployment zone they want. Please note: first turn determination has been modified for this event — players will roll off to decide if they want to go first or second, the player that finished deploying their army first gets +1 to this roll.
A single Twist will be revealed at the start of each mission.
Ruse and Sudden Death cards will be available on a per player basis — notify the tournament organizer immediately after both players have set up.
06 ) Scoring will be based on the following conditions.
• 20 pts Victory: Glorious
• 15 pts Victory: Major
• 10 pts Victory: Minor
• 05 pts Stalemate
First Blood, Linebreaker, and Slay the Warlord will be used solely for the purpose of tie breakers. Each accomplishment is worth 1 point. If necessary Strength of Schedule will be used as a secondary tie breaker.
07 ) If you have any questions or comments regarding this tournament please post them on this event page. Good Luck!
=== Round 01 Mission ===
Primary: Objective 01 — Invasion
▪ The players roll-off: starting with the winner, they then take it in turns to set up one objective marker each, anywhere in their own deployment zone that is more than 6" from any battlefield edge.
▪ A player wins immediately if they control both objective markers at the end of their turn.
Secondary: Objective 02 — King Slayer
▪ Each player adds up the Power Ratings of any enemy units that are destroyed during the battle, doubling their total score at the end of the battle if one of the models slain was the enemy Warlord.
▪ At the end of the fifth battle round ( or when time is called ), the player with the highest total wins the battle — even if their own army has been wiped out.
Deployment: Search And Destroy
=== Round 02 Mission ===
Primary: Objective 01 — Kill The Courier
▪ At the start of the first battle round, before determining who has the first turn, each player lets their opponent know which model in their army is their courier. The model cannot be the army's Warlord, and must already be set up on the battlefield.
▪ The first player to slay the opponent's courier wins the battle.
Secondary: Objective 02 — Supply Cache
▪ The players roll-off: starting with the winner, they then take it in turns to place six objective markers. Each must be placed more than 6" from any other objective marker and any battlefield edge.
▪ At the start of each player's turn, they must roll a die for each marker they control, in any order they wish. If they roll a 6 they have found the supply cache — remove the other markers. The player that controls the supply cache at the end of the fifth battle round ( or when time is called ) wins the battle.
Deployment: Vanguard Strike
=== Round 03 Mission ===
Primary: Objective 01 — Burn And Pillage
▪ The players roll-off: starting with the winner, they then take it in turns to set up three objective markers each, anywhere in their own deployment zone that is more than 6" from any other objective marker and any battlefield edge.
▪ A player can burn and pillage any enemy objective markers that they control at the end of their turn — remove them when they do so. The first player to burn and pillage all three enemy objective markers wins the battle.
Secondary: Objective 02 — The Prize
▪ Place an objective marker at the center of the battlefield. A model can pick it up by ending a move on top of it. The marker moves with that model from then on. The model can drop the marker at any time, and must drop it if slain. If it is dropped by a player's model, their opponent places the marker within 1" of the model that dropped it.
▪ The player whose model is carrying the marker at the end of the fifth battle round ( or when time is called ) wins the battle.
Deployment: Front Line Assault