Facebook event page
Thomas Paine Plaza, Philadelphia
1401 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
The recent attacks on net neutrality and free speech have shown the Trump administration will stop at nothing to push forward the agenda of ultra wealthy corporations like Comcast and Verizon. This is an unprecedented attack on the free speech of working class people and will limit people's access to content on the internet, a public domain built by union members with our tax dollars.
The internet should be a public domain with fair access laws and a place that allows for innovation. On Saturday January 13th we will gather together at Thomas Paine Plaza, Philadelphia (1401 John F Kennedy Blvd) to demand:
1) A reinstatement of net neutrality rules and reclassification of the internet as a public service under Title II
2) Municipal broadband for Philadelphia
3) Universal access to internet provided by Comcast and Verizon including low income and rural communities
4) The establishment of more independent local ISPs
5) Support for union telecom workers
6) Free speech over the web
7) The resignation of Ajit Pai
8) An end to telecom cartels like Comcast’s and Verizon’s continued tax evasion.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, snow/rain date for the march will be Saturday January 27th!
Refuse Fascism Philly
March On Harrisburg
Philadelphia Socialist Alternative